From:
"ddhillma" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Sep 96 09:54:29 cst
     Hello TechNetnologists!

     One of our quality engineers posed the following question to me and I
     being more familiar with the assembly end of the world rather than the
     design portion of a PWA couldn't give him a data based, rationale
     answer. Anyone who can shed some light on the question - thanks in
     advance!

     The Questions: "We would like to have your assessment of the impact of
     a certain type of minor board damage.  What is the effect, if any, of
     one of the four "spokes" going from a grounded pad to the clad area
     being broken.  I've been under the opinion that one of the four
     "spokes" being disrupted would not cause significant reduction in the
     electrical or thermal properties of the grounded through.  Would you
     gentlemen please give your opinion of the effect of one spoke being
     damaged and whether you feel a repair is needed."

     Dave Hillman
     Rockwell Collins