TECHNET Archives

October 2001

From:
"Dorothy M. Lush" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Oct 2001 10:40:19 -0800
To Everyone,

As I get more involved with high density, Rf products and as the worldwide
directive ahs us leaning more to lead-free processes is bearing down on us
all we will be experiencing the need/joy/requirement to be profiling more
often. This is because there are key components being made and designed into
circuits that will require extraordinary temperature control. For example
some are saying that the top of the part must be within 10 degrees celsius
of the bottom (the plane that meets the PCB) of the component AND the reflow
temperature is for high temperature solder irrespective of the fact there
are (many) other components on the assembly that are at the very least
"sensitive" to high temperature solder.

Earl I too feel that most assemblies can be accomodated by a few profiles
but we really can't say what is going on at specific locations and that is
what we will be needing to do to accomodate one "special" part. I need
profiling but I hate it because the equipment cannot do what I need with the
accuracy, dependability and flexability the new design/assemblies require.

Regards,

Dorothy Lush