From:
[log in to unmask] (Mike Cussen)
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 96 16:11 EST
Moisture / Surface Mount Plastic Packages / Cracking / Popcorning

Do you bake your SMT IC's prior to IR reflow?

If not, can I assume that your IC's are stored in sealed vapor barrier
bag, prior to IR reflow?

Are your parts received from the supplier, or vendors in vapor barrier
bags with an indicator card?

I find it difficult to get IC's from the suppliers in vapor barrier bags,
some parts are in barrier bags, but the majority are not, that means
we must bake our IC's prior to IR reflow.

How do you stand on the the issue, bake or no bake, IC's prior to IR
reflow?

If you have a comment let us know:

Micahel Cussen
Medar Inc.