TECHNET Archives

August 2015

From:
Date:
Fri, 7 Aug 2015 18:08:12 -0400
cross section and check your intermetallic thickness.  thermal shock
and see if you have delamination - if you lost thermal ground, how
critical it is for your part?  how much design margin you have (50%
coverage is working at maximum power of device operation temp +
maximum  environmental temperature with assembly allowed cooling?
conduction? = it should simulate at end of the life, that mean, you
should aging the part prior to thermal shock according  to designed
user life x safety factor.  for example, design for 5 years with
safety factor of 2 = 10 years... you need to aging equivalent of 10
years using accelerated IMC growth... use your process control
minimum acceptable coverage = if you do not have xray data for large
lot, estimate based on worst case * 80% less... that would be my best
guestimate)... my 2 cents.
-  ha, forget to mention, assume your plating house gold thickness is
no change... if there is large variation, bet off... wetting, reflow,
IMC growth are not predictable...
               jk