Date:
Thu, 27 Jun 1996 15:13:35

>Date:	Thu, 27 Jun 1996 01:48:56 -0700 (PDT)
>From:	"Quality Dept. - Eltek Ltd." <[log in to unmask]>
>Sender:	[log in to unmask]
>To:	[log in to unmask]
>Subject:	Liability
>
>It is not exactly a technical issue but I hope someone will assist me.
>
>I would like to know what is the common practice, for PCB manufaturer
>liability, if boards found bad by the customer.
>
>There are several options for liability like:
>1. Replacement of PCB
>2. Compensation for components and labor invested in  assembly of PCB
>3. Compensation for indirect losses (i.e. loss of contract)
>
> etc.
>

>Is there any written codes?
>
>Your assistance will be appreciated
>
>Avner Drory

Our company in contract negotiations with our pcb suppliers states that the
vendor shall be responisble regardless of when the defect shows up.  For
instance if we find the boards after they are received in by our q.a.
department but before being stuffed, the vendor shall pay for the time it
took q.a. and receiving to check the board in and qulaify it, plus pay for
the shipping to return the board, or disposal cost if the vendor does not
wish to have them back.

If the boards get stuffed, waved soldered, tested and then fail, the vendor
can end up owing us for ALL LABOR COSTS INCURRED, i.e. big bucks, in fact on
the scale of millions.

But if you wish to do business with us, you MUST abide by our terms.  And
yes we do have a roost full of corporate vultures, er I meant lawyers that
will hunt you down, kill your first born and make your life a living hell on
earth.