TECHNET Archives

July 1999

From:
Doug Pauls <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 17:19:57 EDT
In a message dated 07/02/1999 1:04:59 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

>  Now,
>  I need to create a plan to qualify a new process for use on an existing
> product.  Does anyone have any pointers on how to go about doing this?
What
> we are trying to do is switch from hand soldering a product line to wave
> soldering as much as possible on the same product line.  Our customer has
> given us the green light as long as we qualify the process.

Eric,
When you say "qualify" a process, it begs the question "to what standard or
specification"?  Will you be using internal company standards?  J-STD-001?
Revision A?  Revision B?

When you answer this question, I can be of more help.

Doug Pauls
CSL