From:
"dmitchel" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 96 09:54:12 PST
 Fred,

 We are currently testing most BGA product on 100 mil grids with 3.75" long
 pins on a single fixture. However, the need for multiple fixtures (split
 nets) is on the rise due mainly to increasing density of BGA's and SMD's
 around BGA's. I agree with tbresnan@multek that there is a need for double
 density test; on a small but growing scale. We have not yet experimented
 with splitting tests between the grid and prober.

 Our most significant factor in creating a single fixture is the density of
 test points around the BGA. This is coupled with the fixturing software's
 ability to efficiently assign all test points to grid.

 Regards,