From:
"Aric Parr" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
27 Sep 96 12:56:42 -0500

     bare copper panels are never subjected to HASL or HASL fluxes, which
     leave residues that do not show up on an omega meter. This means that
     bare copper panels coated with an Organic Protective Coat arrive with
     higher SIR.

     HASL panels are also more variable in metal amount, finish and
     solderability.

     I never do SIR testing on solder plated panels. The incoming SIR can
     sometimes be lower at the start than the end of my process due to
     supplier inconsistancies. I.E. the supplier may give me a panel that
     starts with more contamination than I put on during my process.