From:
[log in to unmask] (Sid Clouser)
Reply To:
[log in to unmask] (Sid Clouser)
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 1996 17:15:05 -0500
are readily available and the price difference between them is
small. Their cost effectivness depends on the end use
requirements. The answers to some questions will help you and
your supplier determine the best alternative.

Why was Grade 7 originally specified? Was it because of
resistance to inner layer cracking? Then Grade 3 is the better
alternative. Was it because a high frequency circuit is being
used? If so then a low profile foil should be used. Is Grade 7's
very low profile an important charcteristic? The a drum side
treated foil in the appropriate Grade 1 or 3 is the better
choice. Other considerations may also be factors.

Sid Clouser
Gould Foil
Eastlake, OH

Reply to message from [log in to unmask] of Thu, 25 Jan