From:
Pat McGuine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 08 Jul 1996 10:36:28 -0500
>While runn microsoft scenes screen saver. I get the message " will not
>display image.
>need more memory to display image".  I just added 4 more mb to increase my
>memory to 8
>mb.  When I check the microsoft scenes wizard help.  It tells me I need to
>increase
>RAM or Temp directory to 2mb. Since I'v already increase my memory to 8 mb.
>What
>about the temp directory.  Is there anything I can to to clear this problem
>up?

Try going into Virtual Memory (in the control panel under 386 enhanced) and
setting the Swap file to Temporary.  Exit windows and run MSDOS DEFRAG.
This will compress the files on the HDD all together.  Then go back into
windows and set the swap file to permanent.  Accept the size that it offers.
This process will give you the largest possible swap file.

If that does not solve the problem, I suspect that the problem is not enough
memory on the video board.  Try using a video driver with only 16 colors
instead of 256.  (or 256 instead of 65,536 depending on what you are
currently using.)  You probably will not notice the difference unless you
are using applications which deal with pictures.

-Pat-