Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 1996 07:48:57 -0500
Dear TechNet:

We currently are using a solvent for tape residue removal after HASL that is
a "middle treated hydrodistillate" (100% petroleum hydrocarbons).  It is
sprayed in a conveyorized system.  This material can cause various problems
in our waste water treatment system, so we are looking for an acceptable
alternative.

We have tried no-residue tapes, but quality has been lacking.

The ideal tape residue material (if a solvent/organic material) will have
no/low VOCs and not interefere with waste treatment processes.  If not low/no
VOC, a very low vapor pressure will help.

I thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Chris Ford
Env. Engineer
Printed Circuit Corporation