Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 1996 14:23:06 -0400
I was just about to send a similar reply to this one.

There are, however, a couple of points that need to be clarified.  3M's HFEs
ALONE do not clean like the conventional Freons.  In fact, they have very
little solvency for most soils.  I will not burst your bubble, however...

When HFE (or DuPont's sister product, HFC 43-10) is combined with a
co-solvent or with another solvent or solvents to form an azeotrope, the
cleaning performance in a conventional vapor degreaser is quite good - in
most cases probably better than Freon.

I know all of this because I am involved with cleaning tests and Beta site
testing of the HFE co-solvent process and HFE azeotrope.  My employer,
Petroferm Inc., is jointly developing the HFE cleaning processes with 3M. We
would be happy to assist you with your cleaning problem.

Please call me directly at (904) 277-5236 or e-mail at [log in to unmask] if
you would like to discuss this further.

Beth Bivins
Petroferm Inc.
Fernandina Beach, Florida