LEADFREE Archives

August 2005

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
MA/NY DDave <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Tue, 16 Aug 2005 22:23:38 -0500
Hi Dennis, Hilty, IPC LF Listservers,

I hope you enjoyed reading the Tyco report.

For your question on shelf life, I would still consider OSP although Bob
noted differently. You can always chemically redo the OSP and bring it back
up to good solderability. Depending on your storage time and conditions
this can be an advantage, when you need it. (The hole size will grow a tad)
OSP depending on user or long held beliefs has some publicity problems. For
short term shelf life, if only insertion force, removal, retention, were my
goals, I would probably go with Bob's other more co-planar recommendations.

Yours in Engineering, Dave
YiEngr, MA/NY DDave