LEADFREE Archives

April 2004

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 2004 09:58:40 +0300
Fern

Be that as it may, TBBPA is already being targeted for the next phase of
flame-retardant banning. We shall have to face up to this. It is used in
polycarbonates as well as epoxies, so the plastic cases on our monitors
and many other devices will also be on their way out. I guestimate that
our dearly beloved authorities may give us up to about 2010 for
implementation. The bromine industry is tearing its hair out.

Brian