LEADFREE Archives

October 2004

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
to Paul Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 2004 10:49:28 +0100
Dear Dave

this is the 96 trillion dollar question!!  reading the EU blue book phrase
from an earlier email i would have to say that my opinion is  that on the
evening of June 30th 2006 that no more non-compliant parts /units can leave
the manufacturers door, but so long as they are fit for sale they can be on
the distributors (either inter company or external) shelves and be sold son
the 1st July (there will be a lot of trucks rushing around!!).
is that what other OEM suppliers view this to mean ? Also, I guess it would
be the same for the spares.

regards

Paul

Paul R Taylor