LEADFREE Archives

October 2004

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Pratap Singh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 2004 16:51:28 -0500
Bev, Dave, Dewey,

It is interesting to see your discussion on LF and related environmental
politics. All of you know very well that when it becomes politics, each
party just spins it to their point of view only. The common sense goes
out of window. It is unfortunate that politics has crept in science,
engineering and medicine at a tremendous cost to people and the country.
Intelligence did not support WMD in Iraq but Saddam had an intention to
build them so our cowboy president starts a war at a great loss of life
(american and Iraqis) and billions of dollars of our tax money. We have
a similar situation on LF and environment - scientific intelligence is
faulty but the parties on the opposite sides spin the available data to
bolster their point of view only with out considering the implementation
and the resulting cost.

I thought. we engineering folks were above this type of self serving attitudes and based our judgment calls on experimental results and analysis. Whatever happened to that??