LEADFREE Archives

May 2008

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
TIMOTHY MCGRADY <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Wed, 7 May 2008 16:21:21 -0400
Except in California, of course

-----Original Message-----
From: Leadfree [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Michael Taylor
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2008 4:05 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [LF] [BULK] [LF] NTC RE: [LF] Will copper be on the next EU banned material list?

Maybe we should cheer up.

  When copper is found unacceptable for circuits we will be forced to use tin foil for circuits shipped to the EU.  They can enjoy the benefits (whiskers, Indonesia strip mining, etc) that such a move would offer.

Since the US is so independent and free, perhaps we can continue to use copper, maybe allow leaded solder, and be more environmentally responsible than our EU counterparts.  Perhaps we could ban the tin circuits for import into the US...

Michael J. Taylor
DDi
P.O. Box 1808
Longmont, Colorado
303.845.2959

1220 Simon Circle
Anaheim, California  92806

This e-mail may contain propriety information some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient you must delete and subsequently not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail.