LEADFREE Archives

July 2005

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 17:54:04 +0300
Well it's possibly different in the USA, if recovery is only 19.6%. In
W. Europe it's well over 60% and recycling into bottles for drinks is
forbidden, for the reasons stated in my earlier post, so yes, there is a
glut caused by much greater recycling and smaller consumption of the
flakes. See http://www.petcore.org/euro_stat_01.html (a bit old, but OK
nevertheless). BTW, carpets in Europe also are more often of traditional
fibres, than in the USA (except the very cheapest, of course). Maybe
it's because of PET bottles that I perpetually get electrostatically
shocked in US hotels! :-)

Brian