LEADFREE Archives

February 2005

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
"Blair K. Hogg" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2005 06:14:02 -0800
And that doesn't really solve your problem, because then you would have to change you p/n's a second time when upon completion of your transition. If I remember your original issue, it was how to identify the LF or RoHS compliant assemblies once all of the compliancy issues were resolved. You were changing your bare board to be compliant, but did not want to put the identifier in the silkscreen since the following processes were not compliant. Changing the part number now would require you to change it again once everything else was in place. This does not sound like an optimum solution.

Blair

>>> [log in to unmask] 02/04/05 08:28AM >>>
In principal I agree with you. However, if your product has been through a TÜV or UL certification and you change part numbers you may have to re-certify your product and this is not free.

This is becoming a nightmare!