LEADFREE Archives

July 2004

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
"McCullen, Jack T" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 08:55:55 -0700

From: McCullen, Jack T
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2004 8:49 AM
To: McCullen, Jack T
Subject: RE: [LF] Question on maximum reflow temperature in Jedec
Standard - J-STD-020B

I just looked at the table as it was in the listserv and noticed that it
could be messed up depending on the number of characters per line.  I
narrowed it down so it should look OK on all systems.
J-STD-020C will be published this week or early next week.

Regards

Greg,

J-STD-020C uses a table to indicate the maximum reflow temperature.  The
table is based on package volume and package thickness.  The standard is
approved and is in the publication process and will be available
shortly.

Regards,
Jack McCullen

Package             Volume mm3        Volume mm3       Volume mm3
Thickness            < 350            350 - 2000        > 2000

< 1.6 mm              260C               260C            260C
1.6 mm - 2.5 mm       260C               250C            245C
> 2.5 mm              250C               245C            245C

* Tolerance: The device manufacturer/supplier shall assure process
compatibility up to and including the stated classification temperature
(this means Peak reflow temperature +0 C. For example 260 C +0C) at the
rated MSL level.