LEADFREE Archives

August 2005

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Lee parker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Fri, 5 Aug 2005 11:26:33 -0400
No, we used the same material to shrink wrap immersion silver boards as we had been using for HASL. We were told by the chemical supplier this would be sufficient and by all observations, this was the case.

Some studies we carried out years ago that showed most of these plastic wrapping materials present an substantial  barrier to the diffusion of gases such as sulfur. So I am at a lost to understand why we now have a concern about the storage of immersion silver boards in shrink wrap packages.

We were using these wrapping materials 10 years ago on immersion silver board and did not experience any issues. What has changed?

Best regards

Lee

J. Lee Parker, Ph.D.
JLP Consultants LLC