LEADFREE Archives

March 2004

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
"Creswick, Steven" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 2004 06:15:07 -0500
David,

It is amazing how we can take something and bend and twist it to support our own agenda, then pass it as off something akin to have 'come down from the mount'?  (Notice that I did not specifically slam the news media, or lawyers .... guilty that they are)

Yes, but isn't the last sentence just as intriguing?  Will the real results get reported if they do NOT show leaching?

  .... or will they grind the pc up, stick it in a barrel full of acid, roll it for a week to simulate the ride in the garbage truck, then pour the witches brew into the landfill and claim environmental disaster?

Why can't the leachate from a 'typical' landfill be checked for heavy metals?  Make that a dozen 'typical' landfills.  Don't we have enough of them around the world to use as samples??

The logic of this endeavor evades me.

Steve Creswick - Gentex Corp
Zeeland, MI - USA