LEADFREE Archives

October 2000

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
dsuraski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leadfree Electronics Assembly E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 07:47:52 -0400
Dear Han,

that SnAgCu alloys with lower silver levels are at least equally as viable
as those with 3.5Ag or greater.  In fact, I have before offered to this list
wetting curves that demonstrate that SnAgCu alloys with less than 3Ag
actually wet faster and stronger than those with higher Ag percentages.
And, of course, lower Ag equals lower costs, especially for bar and wire,
but for paste as well.

For these reasons, many have chosen SnAgCu alloys with 3Ag or less to focus
upon.  In fact, JEIDA (which seems to be the Japanese equivalent of NEMI but
I may be mistaken) has recommended a SnAgCu alloy with 3Ag for their roadmap
recommendation.

Best Regards,

David Suraski
AIM