LEADFREE Archives

August 2002

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Joe Fjelstad <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 09:11:29 -0400
Hello again Kay,

If what you say is true then I must repeat my lament that the legislators from present day Europe, a continent I consider the birthplace of logic and reason, should be so single minded and blind that they would rather pass a bad law, based on emotional and speculative input than delay their decision and make informed one based on the findings and recommendations of non-aligned, true science.

This I say, given the total lack of credible evidence that there is any risk associated with traditional solders and as we are coming to better know the real risk of lead-free solders as the University of Stuttgart, Brian and many others have pointed out. Informed decision making should be a hallmark of good legislation.

In summary, the current situation as you have described it, is sad testimony on present day European legislation and for all of its presumably good intentions, I suspect it will not be looked on favorably by history and we will collectively share in the blame.

Truth, science, logic and reason will be our final judges.

Respectfully and with kindest regards,
Joe