LEADFREE Archives

October 2004

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
"Cottrell, Mike" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 2004 12:45:51 -0500
Greg, a few years ago I worked with the Pb-Free Focus Group. In
supplying components for that project I had to bring in packages with
hot solder dip, 63/37, on alloy 42 base metal. We had them redipped with
SnCu and it worked out great. I did have some of the redipped parts
microsectioned and EDX run on them, the lab found no Pb at the base
metal to SnCu interface.

It can be done. Cost would be the only downside.

There are companies that would be happy to perform the task for you.

Regards,
Mike Cottrell
QRA/Process/Process Development
Military Products Division