LEADFREE Archives

June 2004

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
MA/NY DDave <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Sun, 20 Jun 2004 20:40:24 -0500
Hi Ed, Brian, IPC LF Listservers,

I think you are right naked might be easier then long term maintenance with
this low to the ground "garden appearing" washing machine. Do I weed my
wash or wash my weeds, or is this just a clever way to grow grass indoors.

It seems like manufacturers, and developers are tripping over themselves to
advertise and label their product "GREEN" which as you noted was the
Appliance Manufacturing cover headline for this new household appliance.

"Green" right now is the word

Reliability, Availability, Sustainability, Cost seem passee
 or as some LF proponents have wrote is a forgone free benefit.

Gee this machine had to be something in terms of engineering hours to
develop and create. Brian probably knows what a phitodepuration cycle is
yet I have to go looking, and I wondered if Whirlpool Europe made all the
internal components up to Soldertec's highest stage of RoHS compliance,
which is 0.0 and solved any mold, plant flies and other problems.

Yours in Engineering, Dave
Y i Engr, MA/NY DDave