LEADFREE Archives

May 2004

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
MA/NY DDave <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Thu, 6 May 2004 15:09:01 -0500
Hi Chuck and IPC LF Listservers,

Thanks,

I had to go look up the source documents since this was interesting.
I didn't see them in the original posting.

Kelley, M., Watson, P., Thorton, D., and Halpin, T. J. Lead intoxication
associated with chewing plastic wire coating. Morbidity and Mortality
Weekly Report 42:465-467. 1993

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/00020984.htm

It was interesting how turnertoys came up highest on my intial search.

http://www.turnertoys.com/PVC_framepage1.htm

http://www.greenpeaceusa.org/media/publications/lead/reftext.htm
 Was listed in another search

Actually it doesn't surprise me that the electrical worker would do
something like this, nor that it would be a great unforseen.

I bet, I bet, no one fully communicated this study to all the effected
workers or hobby people.

When we go fully Lead Free WE, are going to have similar unforseens.

YiEngr, MA/NY DDave