LEADFREE Archives

June 2004

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
MA/NY DDave <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Sun, 6 Jun 2004 23:20:34 -0500
Hi IPC LF Listservers,

I am searching for something else on this listserve and I just happened to
come to my own untouched recent request for information from the IPC-LF
listserve members.

HEY, Anybody got any INFO!!

<The way I read this 08 December 2003 directive is that if you are selling a
new Lead Free product to an established customer, who is not a household
i.e. general consumer, or maybe even a new customer you the producer of
this new replacement product must bear the financial burden of disposing of
the older SnPb product you have replaced.

How are some of you planning to fulfill these requirements?

Will you dispose someplace in Europe?
or Will you dispose or reclaim elsewhere?>

From what I am reading from one of the books UK-Bobbie reviewed this is
part of EPR (Extended Producer Responsibility) and several of the EU
countries even before the Directives have put plans and reclamation centers
in place.

Any comments, or experiences??

Yours in Engineering, Dave

Y i Engr, MA/NY DDave