LEADFREE Archives

July 2005

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Roger Stoops <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Fri, 15 Jul 2005 17:10:41 -0400
All,

A question regarding best practice for implementing lead-free components
in a bill of material (BOM):
Which of the following are you or your CM(s) practicing or preferring at
this point in time?

1. Creating new part numbers for purchased parts and changing part
numbers in the BOMs, or

2. Changing the AVL to lead-free components and not touching the BOMs.

Well, end of my day but come Monday, it's don my fire-fighting equipment
time again... Thanks for your time.

Best Regards,

Roger