LEADFREE Archives

April 2006

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
"Harris, Sheri Elliott" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2006 07:41:50 -0500
Dave -
Below is a brief listing of sites that might be of interest
regarding the US Consumer Product Safety Commission
reaction to Children's jewelry containing lead. Initially, the
products were identified as inexpensive items from vending
machines or discount stores, but more recent recalls make it
apparent that items are now coming from higher profile department stores.

US CPSC Interim Enforcement Policy for Children's Metal
Jewelry Containing Lead - 2/3/05
http://www.cpsc.gov/businfo/pbjewelgd.pdf

Press release regarding the above policy - 2/3/05
http://www.cpsc.gov/CPSCPUB/PREREL/prhtml05/05097.html

SOP for Determining Pb Content and Its Availability in
Children's Metal Jewelry - 2/3/05
http://www.cpsc.gov/BUSINFO/pbjeweltest.pdf

Also, a tragic Minneapolis story about the fatal lead
poisoning of a 4 year old Minneapolis boy
http://wcco.com/local/local_story_082113734.html

Sheri