LEADFREE Archives

October 2004

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Jowan Iven <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 13:18:25 +0200
Hello Leo,

I personally think that your approach is too easy.
Just ask the lead free forum and everything will be presented on a platter.

In the real world it all depends on the application and the process.
So when I answer your questions with the limited info you gave it would look
something like this

1       OSP (only cost perspective)
2 Yes but it depends on how you specify "withstand"
3 A lot of data still has to be gathered, but it is the most common LF alloy
4 no but be carefull, labelling is becoming more important
5 see the web, visit seminars and read books,    the LF technology is
constantly evolving.

regards

Jowan Iven