LEADFREE Archives

April 2006

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Michael Kirschner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Sun, 30 Apr 2006 10:56:35 -0500
Hi Dave,

I believe the Excel version is Excel 97 based so it can be used with
OpenOffice 2.x, which is free and multiplatform. I'll confirm that with JB
Hollister.

The NEMI team that preceeded the IPC 2-18 committee was handed the Acrobat
form in January 2005. It came as a shock to me and others on that team to
see it because we had just finished identifying and arguing about key fields
and properties and had not begun discussing delivery formats or tools. I've
had discussions with Richard Kubin about where that form came from... But no
matter - it works and it serves the purpose, and quite nicely now that the
key problems with it that were identified over a year ago were finally resolved.

But again, the form is not the point - use whichever. On both you can push a
button and generate the same XML (in theory). And that's where the rubber
meets the (currently 2 lane country) road (hopefully eventually interstate
freeway).

Mike