LEADFREE Archives

February 2005

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Phil Nutting <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2005 10:40:28 -0500
Your point is good.  However, our system is such that t
Camille,

Your point is good.  However, our system is such that to change the

underlying parts on a BOM requires an ECO (Engineering Change Order) and

data entry, not to mention new parts to buy and double the bins in the

stockroom.  There has to be some form of traceability to know the

history of your changes.

There is no easy way out of this mess.  We have to face the fact that

this is going to be an enormous task and we will make implementation

mistakes.  We are humans and we are prone to making mistakes... not that

I would <grin>.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could go home on Friday night running tin/lead

and start Monday morning lead-free.

Just my opinion.

Phil