LEADFREE Archives

February 2006

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
"Kallin, Dan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Tue, 21 Feb 2006 06:42:51 -0800
hal·o·gen (hăl'ə-jən)
n.
Any of a group of five chemically related nonmetallic elements including
fluorine, chlorine, bromine, iodine, and astatine.

I would defer to a chemist as to its stability, but the toxicity of the
other forms, and especially penta- and octa-, is less disputed.

While RoHS does allow for the use of Deca, not all halogen free legislation
does. Some go so far as to restrict the use of PVC as well.

Dan Kallin