LEADFREE Archives

April 2004

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Reuven ROKAH <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 2004 09:53:23 +0200
What is the exact % of the Lead in the electronic soldering relating to the
% of Lead in all the entire industry (Batteries, paint, ammunition etc.) 1%
+/- 0.5%???

Best  Regards

Reuven  ROKAH

                      Joe     Fjelstad
                      <[log in to unmask]         To:      [log in to unmask]
                      COM>                     cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject: Re: [LF] FW: Transition of WEEE and RoHS
                      Leadfree
                      g>

                      07/04/2004 00:39
                      Please respond
                      to "(Leadfree
                      Electronics
                      Assembly
                      Forum)"; Please
                      respond to
                      Joseph9000

Hello Thomas,

While I admire you and all here who struggle with implementing lead-free,
Werner's concerns are, to me, simply common sense. At the same time, I am
reminded daily that there is no proven risk to humans from lead in
electronic solders
and that it appears there will be net environmental damage by converting to
lead-free.

Why fix something that is not broken and break something else while doing
so?

Being a positive minded individual, I don't like to appear the curmudgeon,
but all such laws, as they relate to lead in electronic solders, are
senseless.
This is a simple fact know by all who have studied it. As the IPC BOD has
noted and I paraphrase, "it is not about science, it is about marketing" I
would
add again, it is not about the environment. If it was, it would not be
happening.

Kind regards,
Joe

To temporarily stop delivery of Leadree for vacation breaks send: SET
Leadfree NOMAIL