LEADFREE Archives

August 2005

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
"James, Chris" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Tue, 2 Aug 2005 17:04:57 +0100
This is well documented within the UK draft regs guidance document available from the DTi website.

Search the pdf document for "distance"

Your UK sub will be a distance seller to the German end user - if however they are importing to sell-on then they will be the producer in Germany. So no, as I understand you don't have to register in Germany but declare you are distance selling when you register in the UK.

As a non EU country there is no mechanism for you in Canada to register. If you had no representative/legal entity/subsidiary in any EU state and sold direct from Canada to the German user then it is they who would be liable for the WEEE obligation, again as I understand. However you have a UK sub so you play by the UK rules.

Regards,

Chris