LEADFREE Archives

May 2004

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
David Gowlett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 11 May 2004 09:31:33 +0100
The barrier layer is to stop the migration of zinc into the solder (tin or
tin/lead).
I have never heard of zinc migration through gold especially a 2 µm thick
coating. I do not believe that any one would use this amount of gold for
solderability.

Best regards,
David Gowlett
Plating Technical director