LEADFREE Archives

May 2004

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Carol Handwerker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Tue, 18 May 2004 16:04:24 -0400
NIST has developed measurements and data to aid the microelectronics industry in assessing the properties of Pb-free solders.

In accordance with Federal law, NIST employee-created data are not subject to copyright protection within the United States and are in the public domain. (There is an exception to this rule but it doesn't apply to the data we are discussing.)  NIST-created data is available in archival publications, in conference proceedings, from our website, and at times referenced on non-NIST websites.

The book described on the NEMI website is being organized by NEMI.  My NIST colleagues and I are writing a chapter of the book based on results from a variety of sources, all in the public domain.  Neither NIST itself nor any NIST employee will receive any financial or in-kind remuneration for participation in writing a chapter for this book.  Upon requests from other groups and technical societies, we have written four other book chapters for four different books on the properties of Pb-free solders.   We consider it a public service, consistent with NIST's mission, to provide access to measurements and data important to important industrial sectors.

When questions of measurements and data arise on the LISTSERV, I provide information on where they can be found.