LEADFREE Archives

February 2005

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
"Kallin, Dan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2005 16:48:40 -0500
It seems that each layer would be a homogenous material so that would be your point of compliance.
It is the lead you are worried about, so if close, you would need to calculate the amount of lead rather than PbO, however it seems this would not be a problem even if it was lead at the percentages given.
This assumes the definitions and de minimus levels going back and forth get finalized.

That is my opinion only, which, with a couple of bucks, will get you a coffee.

Dan