LEADFREE Archives

January 2004

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Bev Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Sun, 11 Jan 2004 14:35:17 -0500
Ofer,
There is no FREE data base that contains this type of info.  There are several companies that will allow you access to their database - if you pay.  When I was with Nortel Networks we had a contract with a company that gave us worldwide updates every month, country by country and state by state (for the US) for all enviro regs.  But most of us do not have the money that Nortel USED to have. ;(

What requirements are you talking about for Japan?  They have rules in place for recycling refrigerators, stoves, etc., but all most of the things for electronics are voluntary goals the big Japanese companies are doing themselves.  The Chinese draft legislation is a clone of the EU "stuff", but the last I heard was that it was buried in the bureaucracy. I hope it stays there.  No idea about the Tigers.
regards,
Bev Christian
Research in Motion