LEADFREE Archives

December 2008

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
"Fox, Ian" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 2008 18:01:29 -0000
Have to agree with the qualification statement. STII is without doubt a
relatively simple first order tool, and as with all tools practical
verification is required. Not all companies have the depth of technical
support of Sun, so any up front materials selection help for a designer
who doesn't necessarily understand the full material degradation
implications of Pb-free processing has to make it a useful tool doesn't
it?

Regards
Ian Fox
Lead Materials and Process engineer