LEADFREE Archives

August 2001

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Clavius Chin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 08:26:02 +0700
Hi,
     I also agree to have two forums.

Best Regards,
Clavius Chin

"Romm, Doug" <[log in to unmask]>@IPC.ORG> on 16/08/2001 17:25:18

Please respond to "(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)"
      <[log in to unmask]>; Please respond to "Romm, Doug" <[log in to unmask]>

Sent by:  Leadfree <[log in to unmask]>

To:   [log in to unmask]
cc:

Subject:  Re: [LF] AW: [LF] Clarification on Leadfree Listserve question

Edward,

First, thanks for the feedback.  I don't know if all responders have copied
the entire forum but thus far here's what I've received:

In favor of my proposal: 3
Not in favor of my proposal: 3

Second, please read through my suggestion again.  I am not suggesting to
split the forum.  I am suggesting to 'add' another forum specifically for
the intent of holding the debate on viability, need, merit, etc of the
lead-free movement.  Those that believe lead-free should not happen and
continue to debate the issue can do so on the new, proposed forum.  They
can still subscribe to the current forum.  Those of us on the current forum
who have no interest in the recurring debate messages would not subscribe
to the new, proposed forum.

Third, no, my whole interest is not in fluxes, solder pastes, stencils, and
IR profiles.  Please re-read my statement where I say :

'The first forum (original) could continue with technical discussion about
lead-free progress, political updates on lead-free, environmental inputs
that will affect timing of lead-free conversion, etc.  This would meet the
need of many forum subscribers who are actively working on implementing
lead-free processes, materials development, etc.'

My proposal in a nutshell is to simply allow the forum members who are
against the lead-free movement to continue to debate the issue on the
separate, new, proposed forum.

I have spoken with several other forum subscribers off-line who agree with
a separate forum for the 'debate'.  They are moving forward with plans to
implement lead-free processes and products.  No, they don't have blinders
on (my opinion).  But they believe the lead-free conversion will continue
to progress and they're working towards implementing processes and
products.

This is the end of my discussion on the proposal I have made.  I'm not
going to 'debate' my proposal about a forum for 'lead-free debate'.  I
appreciate your feedback.  Respectfully, I will decline further discussion
on this proposal.

Regards, Doug romm