LEADFREE Archives

June 2009

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
"Marcus L. Thompson" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Fri, 5 Jun 2009 11:12:13 -0700
Thanks, Bob, for getting the word out on this.  I, for one, appreciate
your efforts to rally some sort of action from industry in this matter.

I remember directly learning something important from a biotech CEO who
was confronted with the prospect of some sort of "potential"
governmental action surrounding a public statement made by the company.
  His counsel urged him to proactively kowtow to the government's
circumscribed region of enforcement, and withdraw the statement (which
was, by the way, entirely factual).

His response to the situation: He simply called his counsel "a bunch of
cowards," and went on with the day.  No further action was ever necessary...

On that point, here's something for us all to consider in this entire
lead-free debacle: Greed breeds gutlessness; and gutlessness breeds
tyranny.  The silence is truly deafening, isn't it folks?

Keep up the good work, Bob.  Right is always worth the fight --

Marcus Thompson

P.S.: Thanks for hosting your collection of RoHS articles on the
H&L Instruments site (http://www.hlinstruments.com/RoHS_articles).  You
might think of adding  "Lead-free from One NASA Perspective," available
from the American Competitiveness Institute
(http://www.aciusa.org/leadfree/LFS_SUMMIT-PDF/07_SAMPSON_NASA_Lead_Free_Inputs.pdf),

to your collection.
Page 20 of this paper absolutely seals the deal for anyone with any
sense at all...