LEADFREE Archives

November 2000

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Charlie Dearborn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leadfree Electronics Assembly E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 16:01:46 -0500
Gordon,
    Are the temperature listed in J-STD-002 going to be raised to reflect the higher
temperatures for lead-free? If so what will they be raised to? Also a while back I saw a
revision to the JESD22A113B (Preconditioning of Nonhermetic Surface Mount Devices Prior to
Reliability Testing) in sign-off to reflect a change which requires complete solder immersion
of devices instead of using a reflow oven. Do you know the status of this Standard? And the
expected impact on Moisture Level Classification?

Regards,
Charlie Dearborn
Fairchild Semiconductor
QA/Reliability