LEADFREE Archives

August 2003

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
"Gilbert, Doug" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 2003 13:18:50 -0700
Jack,

I appreciate your response and all of the others who have commented on this
subject.

We are currently surveying our vendors regarding the lead-free initiative
and have asked for 260 deg. C.  We are glad we may not have to change the
temperature requirement later.  So far, no vendors have disagreed with 260
deg. C but the actual responses vary in quality.  I had one small vendor ask
what the higher temperature requirement was for, after all, their parts are
lead-free already.  The impact is still spreading.

Thanks and best regards,

Doug