LEADFREE Archives

July 2005

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Martin Cook <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Fri, 8 Jul 2005 08:56:59 +0100
Genny

We have just undertaken a pilot RoHS build in one of our facilities where
this issue was raised. The production manager was concerned that all tools,
trays, jigs, fixtures, test stations etc were Pb contaminated & may
therefore contaminate any RoHS assembly. We carried out the pilot build
changing only solder iron tips & the sponge wipes in the soldering stations.
The pilot build has been Pb tested and given the all clear.

Martin