LEADFREE Archives

October 2004

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
MA/NY DDave <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 2004 11:10:34 -0500
Hi Jose, Gordon, and IPC LF Listservers,

You know pretty soon those IPC folks, I know and have communicated with,
might tell us to take this topic to that other listserve (NLT I think).

Thanks for the Book reference. I would like to find a good fair and
balanced book that really covers these environmental topics since it seems
like scientists and other technocrats are becoming like politicans. (This
by the way was the way science used to be developed).

In the USA above New York is a huge inland lake called Erie. It is one of
the Great Lakes. For years environmentalists were saying all the fish were
dead, and life was dead. Then a scientist in around 1980 did research and
published a book that the lake was NOW greatly improved in comparison to
the 1950s. Life was coming back. The only problem was that he had to
publish the book privately since NO USA publishing company thought it would
sell to the USA environmental craze.

<Talking about environmental politics, I recommend you the book of the
danish Bjorn Lomborg titled "The Skeptical Environmentalist: Measuring the
Real State of the World". It is a vary famous and polemical book that
unmasks almost all the claims of the environmental activists (Ozone layer,
human being health, air pollution, greenhouse effect and Kyoto's protocol,
etc.)>

<If Bjorn Lomborg were american, here in Europe a lot of prejudice loaded
people would have criticized more harshly his book, luckly he is not so the
book is able to have more success. It is sad but true.>

Your RIGHT!!!

So Thanks to the Spaniards, the French, the Italians, the Germans, the
Swiss, and many more...

Looking from a Distance:  Repeating, ReInforcing, or Rebuilding
Engineering, Scientific, or even Cultural and Religious ideas is what we as
humankind or all about.

Yours in Engineering, Dave
Y i Engr, MA/NY DDave