LEADFREE Archives

April 2004

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
"Kallin, Dan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 2004 10:34:35 -0400
I certainly would not recommend any relaxation of Industrial hygiene
controls.
According to the US OSHA,  the permissible exposure level for silver is 0.01
mg/m3
This is one-fifth the allowable level for Lead of 0.05 mg.m3

http://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owadisp.show_document?p_table=STANDARDS&p_id
=9992

This tells me we may need to tighten controls rather than loosen.

Dan Kallin           Environmental & Safety Engineer
   Bose Corporation       Framingham, MA 01701
                 508-766-7136  (phone)
                 508-766-7086   (fax)