LEADFREE Archives

January 2006

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
"James, Chris" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 2006 09:09:16 -0000
We have not found any issues using same land patterns as for Pb.

There is some evidence relating to reliability to suggest you should

avoid lands extending under the non contact area of passive chip type

parts.

You might want to look at modifying stencil apertures - we get the

stencil bureau to do this based on our standard 1:1 land/stencil layer.

For Pb-F we have been trying "T" cut apertures on passives which seems

to work well (less paste under the contact with more paste behind on the

free land.

Regards,

Chris