LEADFREE Archives

March 2005

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
"James, Chris" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Wed, 23 Mar 2005 15:23:37 -0000
Regards,
Chris

-----Original Message---
EN 50419

Regards,

Chris

-----Original Message-----

From: Ron Pickard [mailto:[log in to unmask]]

Sent: 23 March 2005 15:25

To: [log in to unmask]; James, Chris

Subject: Re: [LF] Wheelie Bin and Pre/Post RoHS compliant date.

Chris et al,

I've been reading through this thread and someone earlier indicated that

product marking against the

WEEE Directive consists of the wheelie bin symbol (Article 10 and Annex

IV) and a date. I have

researched this directive and cannot find a reference for this date or

its requirements. Where in

the directive does this dating requirement exist? Or, does it exist in

some national legislation(s)?

Please advise.

Best regards,

Ron Pickard

             Sent by: [log in to unmask]

             03/23/2005 02:30 AM

cc

Subject

                  Please respond to              Re: [LF] Wheelie Bin

and Pre/Post RoHS compliant

              [log in to unmask]; Please           date.

                     respond to

The ideal thinking is that in products of the future, modular design

will allow reuse of some components. I believe there are local authority

run schemes in Germany already refurbing domestic appliances etc. where

items like pumps and motors can readily be re-used.

I guess the clause was put in as a catch all, and in the draft UK regs

it says in 33(2)

...........shall identify as far as it is needed by reuse centres,

treatment and recycling centres.

One idea is take your product to a recycler and see what they would do

with it.

Regards,

Chris